Aging, disabilities, and chronic illness make it difficult and challenging for individuals to care for themselves. That’s where we come in……health aides can help. Health Aides improve the quality of life with hands on care and kindness. For many, Health Aides...
Vaccines are an important step in protecting adults against serious, sometimes fatal, diseases. Even if you were vaccinated at a younger age, the vaccine may have worn off, or you may have developed a resistance to the vaccine.
As you get older, you may be at risk for vaccine preventable diseases due to your age, job, hobbies, travel, or chronic health conditions.
List of Recommended Vaccines for Adults
- Influenza Vaccine (Flu) is recommended every year.
- TD Vaccine is recommended every 10 years to protect against Tetanus.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine is recommended for people who have Type 1 or 2 Diabetes, because they have a higher risk of developing the Hepatitis B Virus.
- Shingles Vaccine is usually recommended for adults 60 and older.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine (Pneumonia) is usually recommended for people with heart disease, respiratory illness, and history of stroke, as they are at a greater risk of developing pneumonia and requiring hospitalization.
Staying healthy is a top priority for all of us. Vaccination is a simple thing you can do to help prevent diseases. Make sure you have the best protection. Speak to your doctor to see which vaccines are right for you.
Please visit www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ for a full list of vaccines to further educated yourself about preventing diseases and staying healthy.
Related Health Tips
717 Encino Pl NE.
Albuquerque, NM 87102
M-F: 8am – 11:30pm
S-S: 9am – 9:30pm